Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Reluctant to knock the Plush Team contest post off the top...

but the blog must move on. Oh, but first: update on the contest! It was featured on the Etsy Storque today! Thanks Etsy!

Snow Bunny face
Originally uploaded by chicken widget


Right, well, anyway. The reason I knocked the contest off the top was to introduce this little cutie. I'm calling her "The Snow Bunny", and she's the first, and probably only, Snow Bunny that I will ever make. I've been trying to make more than one of each of the softies, but that's not really me. I get terribly bored doing the same thing over and over again...I like to create new things from scratch all the time. This of course means I will have basically no profit margins at all, but who cares? I'd rather create what I want to create. (Not that I'm saying I'll never create another rabbit, or that there will always be only one of a given softie pattern- but the details will always be different, you can count on that!)
Anyway: Details that make me happy with this creature include:
*The extensive use of fancy pink and red baker's twine! I hand embroidered the ears with it, and attached a little bit of it to the muzzle to make whiskers. Also, the button tail on the back is attached with it. I am so in love with baker's twine at the moment.
*The handmade pompom head is made from a super soft 70% Alpaca, 30% Merino Wool blend yarn. This yarn came from a family ranch owned by one of my husband's coworkers, and it's a delight to work with. They raise the alpacas and spin the wool themselves- how cool is that?
*The body is made from a nifty fleece known as 'poodle hair', and that's the best description for it.
And I think that's it! She's currently in the shop, waiting to go to a new home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Let Feedburner tell you when Absolutely Small updates