Monday, May 2, 2011

Annnnnd deep breath.

I get so frustrated with myself for not being able to do as much as I could pre-baby. A productive day now just means that I was able to get a shower. I was feeling a little down on myself about this when I found this quote on a sticky note:


"Children are gone before you know it.  I would advise artist parents to remember that their work is always there, ready to be resumed, but those first few years with your child can never be replaced.  Through the fog and frenzy, remember to relish the moments and not worry about being “productive” unless your livelihood truly depends on it.  Children refresh us.  Having them is the one truly great nearly-universal human experience.  Listen to them, let them affect you and inspire you as deeply as possible, and just watch how your work takes off."

-Marian Henley


This was just what I needed. Thank you, the lady who brought us Maxine! (No, not that Maxine. This Maxine.)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Great quote! It's so true. I'll have to check out her books.

It gets better -- my son is now 17 months old and I have the time and energy for gardening, knitting and needle felting. I was so frustrated with myself for not being able to garden like I wanted to -- my garden was such a craphole -- and now I wish I'd been easier on myself. It's so much more important for us to be with our children right now! It's going by so quickly.

Kelly @ Creating a Family Home and all. about. knitting.

www.all-about-knitting.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Let Feedburner tell you when Absolutely Small updates