Monday, December 20, 2010

Library Book Review - Ignore Everybody


Ignore Everybody book

Ignore Everybody! And 39 other KEYS TO CREATIVITY! Why, I like ignoring people! And being more creative! Look, there's even a sketch of a guy with an axe on the cover.
Naturally, I picked this book up. I found this tiny tome sitting on the New Releases shelf of my local library during a recent-ish run. (Yeah, it was released in 2009. And it's nearly 2011. No matter.)

The book is divided into 40 tiny chapters. Each one is only a few pages long and gets right to the point. It's interesting, but very confrontational. This is not another feel-good artsy-fartsy woo-woo book. But there are plenty of those I've already read. Quite frankly, some of it annoyed me.

While I didn't agree with everything written, this book really made me think. Nearly every chapter was provocative, and very good at making you question your business/craft. Needless to say, that also makes this a very slow read, at least for me. Having to stop every few pages to stare into space and think can do that to you. Not that being made to think is in any way a bad thing.

Ignore Everybody started out as a blog post, and swelled out from there. What's really cool is that you can read the first 12 chapters on Gapingvoid's blog. I love that you can see if it resonates with you first.

If you're looking for a book that will make you question the way you're doing things and what you're creating, by all means pick this one up.




Ignore Everybody: and 39 Other Keys to Creativity

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Let Feedburner tell you when Absolutely Small updates