Thursday, May 27, 2010

Maker Faire Recap Part Two: The Goods

If you're not into caffeine and sleep deprived indie consumerism, you may just want to skip to something else. Like...this photo! Of a pug in a hat! Aw, cute.

Okay, onto the scores.
There was SO MUCH good stuff this time around!

From the Plush Team table, I snagged my very own Moon Buns! I have been wanting one for soooooo long. Why did I wait? They are wonderful, people. And as you can see:
They make very nice Chickenpants companions.

Also from the Plush Team, I got my very own ZFLA creation. It is possibly the world's cutest cashmere bunny:

Forgive my crummy photo of it. I seem to be photographically challenged today.

I won't even show you the photo I tried to take of the brand new Ryan Berkley portraits. It simply does not do them justice.
So check out this one from his Etsy shop:

This, sadly, is not one of the ones I picked up, though I certainly would have, had I seen it. I did snag a brand new, not even on Etsy yet portrait of two kittens in 70's tshirts.
I met David Malki of Wondermark, and he happened to be offering $1 sketches. How can someone pass up something like that? I certainly couldn't:

Pollyanna Cowgirl, one of my very favorite jewelry designers, was there with a table full of goodies like this:

How did I miss this piece? That's what happens when you zoom around in a sleep deprived haze.

I met the folks behind (ha. ha.) Bunny Butt Apothecary, too. For the record, they are super sweet and charming. But. Their stuff. Oh my gosh, I'm in love. I am a lip balm snob. I have really, really dry lips, and sadly a lot of lip balms just make things worse. Not so with Bunny Butt! It actually hydrates! And you don't need to reapply it every hour. Nice.

They also have a non Etsy store, if you prefer. **Non Maker Faire related question: what would you think of a Non-Etsy Chickenpants shop? Leave a comment below!**

And finally (though I know I am forgetting many, many awesome things and talented people, and I am sorry!), the most awesome thing ever:

THAT, my friends, is an Amy Sedaris Cross Stitch pattern. Oh yes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw the MoonBuns on Facebook and was going to ask who the maker was...now I've accidentally clicked a pair into my etsy cart!

Teddy Started It said...

That chickenpants sketch is way too funny! What a gem!

Absolutely Small said...

Marta: That is so awesome! ^_^ Yay!

Teddy: Seriously! It's hanging next to my computer desk now, and I can't stop looking at it and giggling.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Let Feedburner tell you when Absolutely Small updates