Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Floundering.

Hello, hello!
It seems like all I do on this blog lately is apologize for the lack of consistent posts, so I'm going to take a break from that today.
(sorry!)
So close.

I'm working on a few different projects right now, and Maker Faire is this weekend. (Yay!)
I'm creatively shifting gears, and good dog almighty, is it ever time consuming.

I read somewhere that in order to be a good comics artist, you needed to create 500 pages of pure drivel first. This really freaked me out. I always held in my mind the idea of someday, maybe drawing comics. But 500 pages of garbage just to get started? Yikes! That would take forever.
At the San Francisco Zine Fest, I talked with many real comic artists. I confided my 500 pages fear to one of them. He said "Oh, no. 50 pages of crap should do it."
So that's where I am. Churning out 50 pages of crap.
Are they comics? No, not really. Maybe. Sort of. I don't know yet.

The point to this self indulgent post is: indulge me. Bear with me, and hopefully I'll have something neat to show you in about 40 pages or so.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Let Feedburner tell you when Absolutely Small updates