Wednesday, October 14, 2009

DIY Dollhouses

I'm just a little obsessed with tiny environments. Blame my upbringing chock full of make believe and books like Hitty: Her First Hundred Years.
A chance clicking on Flickr led me to the most amazing diy dollhouse ever. She turned an Ikea bookcase (bought 2nd hand, on Ebay!) into a retro manner. It's still a work in progress, she says...but wow, is it ever an inspiration.

Bedtime for Daphne
Originally uploaded by @lollipop@

You can check out the whole set here. That colorful room divider/curtain thing? Handmade, baby.
Added bonus: it makes my Re-Ment addiction seem like nothing. A great thing to show the husband when the tiny boxes start showing up again...
I'm thinking the new house needs a dedicated dolly bookshelf. I've actually started one. It isn't nearly done yet, but you can see the very beginnings of it on my flickr.
Check out this room made from vintage and new miniatures:
It's from a blog called Call of the Small. Love that!
Here's a blog post that has the most wonderful tiny wall paper. (And windowsill! And tiny plants!)

Re-Ment Chateau #7
Originally uploaded by pbrigitte zombuki


One more Flickr find:

Doll house - the living room is almost finished
Originally uploaded by lilolOops


Wow.
So. Seen any good dollhouses lately? Obsessed minds want to know!

4 comments:

Kitty Vane said...

I'm no way trying to stoke the fires of your addiction, but who am I to get in the way of re-ment dependance!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/midnightangel/sets/72057594085828663/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/squeakymonkey/sets/1670818/

Christina doesn't have a separate set for her magnificent doll's house, but there's photos of it mixed in here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43302795@N00/sets/728285/

Absolutely Small said...

Oooh! Thanks for the links!

Erica said...

wow... these are awesome. I am hoping my daughter will like dolls because I REALLY don't need another hobby, though I love them so.

Also, I
LOVE your blog. This is the first time I have seen it.

Kristin said...

I love tiny environments too! I'm actually saving up for a sweet ass doll house kit and should be able to pick it up in the next week or too. I can't wait to start using up my leftover craft junk to make tiny clothes and home furnishings to my neurotic delight. Love the pictures, thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Let Feedburner tell you when Absolutely Small updates