Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Video reviews from a sick, sick mind

Well hey there, lovely people. I wrote this little post when I had a cold a few weeks ago. I find myself with a sick husband in the house (aka distractions like crazy), so I think I can still post it. Enjoy?

I've had a cold, which means I've been parked in front of tv screens even more than usual. I've discovered that we have some tv channels. Said discovery was quickly followed up by the realization that there is still nothing on. And that Jay Leno is no longer funny, and possibly slightly racist. Wait...was he ever funny? I can't remember.
I drug myself out of the house during a brief "I'm WELL!" stint for groceries and 9. 9 was...eh. I expected better. I don't want to spoil the ending, but let's just say I am awfully tired of movies that hammer you over the head with the "The world is in your hands. Are you going to ruin it again? ARE YOU? RECYCLE THAT CAN!!" message. Hey, movie. I was brought up in the 80's. We were told there would be no more gasoline by the year 2000, and that we'd all die in a burning trash pile by 2001. You can't scare me. And yes, I did recycle that can.
Although, to be fair, there were plenty of views of little devices made with cast off human things, which I always enjoy.
Alex brought over Wolverine: Origins, which I had not seen. This clip is better than that whole movie, and sums it up fairly well:

1 comment:

Lemon Shortbread said...

Hope you get well soon! Well I'm glad I'm not the only one getting abit tired of the save the earth hammering thing... the ones who wanna recycle are already doing so!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Let Feedburner tell you when Absolutely Small updates