Thursday, November 1, 2007

Minicomic love

I just received this wonderful mini-comic by Laura Park in the mail. I'm not sure how to write this post without it just coming across as a sales pitch. And special apologies for the crummy photographs. I am not feeling well, and this is as together as it is going to get for the time being. Seriously though, you should buy a copy. It's really fantastic. You can't really tell, but the hand lettered envelope is amazing.


Best penmanship ever! Plus, she put in a handwritten thank you note. I'm quite a sucker for little details like this.


The comic itself is packed solidly with all kinds of beautiful little vignettes. The drawings are adorable, and the short short stories are lovely. I'm not sure if my favorite part is the illustrated onigiri recipe or the tiny illustration of a little girl making eucalyptus bark masks.
Hop on over to her flickr site and you should be able to still snag one! It's one of the most charming things I've seen in a long time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Let Feedburner tell you when Absolutely Small updates