Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Working from memory


From a heavily embroidered memory
Originally uploaded by chicken widget.

The first major wall I ever hit with my drawing was not being able to accurately draft the images I had in my mind. I was fifteen-ish. It was frustrating. Years of abstracts followed.
I did this ten-ish years after that, sometime last summer. I worked off of a very well loved, well polished memory and just twisted the living daylights out of it, turning it into something else altogether. I was quite pleased with myself.
This was shortly after picking up Danny Gregory's excellent book The Creative License, which threw me into a drawing renaissance. I can now draw from imagination well enough to satisfy myself. Woo hoo!
Thanks Danny G!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Let Feedburner tell you when Absolutely Small updates