Thursday, November 3, 2011

Working on some new stuff...

Nobody intends to take a break from their craftyblog, it just HAPPENS. Or at least that's what happens to me.
Anyway, while I haven't been managing to blog, I did manage to make some stuff. Like this:
[caption id="attachment_3458" align="aligncenter" width="620" caption="Willy Nilly Fabric Painting by Claire Chambers"]Willy Nilly Fabric Painting[/caption]
I think of it as a fabric painting. Or is it collage? Or applique? I don't know. It was really fun to make, and I am really, really excited to make more. (In fact, I've got a more complex one in the works right now.)
I've had this Willy Nilly character kicking around my mind for awhile now, and fabric seemed the right way to get him out. I'm looking forward to making more images of him. And his friends. (Stella and Crackity Jones. Yes.)

4 comments:

jenny said...

Welcome back! Glad you've been getting things done!!

I find I am most happy when I am following (or creating?) my own rhythm naturally rather than adhering to something that has been set out before me either by myself or someone/thing else.

Is Willy Nilly a wall hang? I've been wanting to make a wall-hang scene for the bathroom but A) am in the process of making 387 1x2" flying goose blocks for curtains (90 down, only a lot more to go!!), and B) don't know what things I want to go into the scene (seaside? woodsy? random abstractness?). I only know that I want to paint with fabric--sooooo, add it to the ever-amassing mental sea of ideas and grab it when it floats to the surface.

btw, I have a cat (well I live with a cat. It's her house.) but have not yet tried felting her hair........the sea of ideas...

jenny said...

forgot to mention that I ESPECIALLY like the details on the hat! perfectttttt!!

Claire said...

Thanks! Willy Nilly is indeed a wall hanging. It was fun to make something theoretically "useful" again. :)
That sounds like one huge project you've got going! 90 down is really good! Keep at it!

jenny said...

:D thanks for the encouragement!
it was actually 102 down, and I thought I was done with that segment, but that segment needs 120. Maybe it was the coffee, but "1, 2, skip a few, 99, 100!"

ha!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Let Feedburner tell you when Absolutely Small updates