Sunday, October 31, 2010

Welcome to the new Absolutely Small blog!

Gravenstein apples!!

Hello and welcome! Can I get you anything? Cup of coffee? Cookie? Fresh leaf to turn over?

That's what I wanted. A fresh leaf. Oh, and of course the cookie and coffee. Hopefully, some of you have followed me over here from my other blog. You get an extra large cookie.

Why am I starting over? Frankly, I needed a fresh start. Plus, I've been dying to try out Wordpress for ages. In addition, I have a new intention for this blog. What better way to commit to that than a fresh new canvas? So what is this high falutin' new intention?

*ahem*

The new Absolutely Small blog will be about sharing the joy of making stuff, sparking imagination, and appreciating the world around us. Even if (especially if) these attempts are not exactly perfect.



That's it in a nutshell. I'm excited. It reflects how I've been living, and what gives me the most energy to create. I've copied a few of the very best posts from the old Absolutely Small over here. So it's a fresh start...but I've still got some roots.

I'm also launching this new blog in a sort of warts-and-all phase. I don't have everything in the template set perfectly yet. I knew that if I waited for that to happen, this blog might never see the light of day.

What do you think? In particular, if you've followed me here from the old blog, is there anything you'll miss? I do hope you'll stick around!

*** Chickenpants fans! Worry not! Chickenpants will still be made, and I'll still occasionally share their updates here. For the most part though, all CP business will be over on the Chickenpants Facebook fan page. If you're not already a fan there, by all means hit the like button. We keep it pithy. And chickeny.

1 comment:

Frannie said...

Lovely blog. I think everyone will love the format.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Let Feedburner tell you when Absolutely Small updates