Monday, July 19, 2010

I've got your number, pregnancy.

So, I think I have this whole thing figured out. Pregnancy is one indignity after another, but they all have a purpose!
To break your will so that you're ready for labor. By the time you're that far along, you won't mind pooping in front of a roomful of strangers!
That said, I am having a very good day. Good doctor visit, good lunch, feeling better every day, etc.
But! I can not seem to force a blog post out of myself at all these days. I've tried. Oh, how I've tried. I have scads of unfinished, whiny, rambling blog posts. I am really fumbling with this whole balancing work and pregnancy thing. Suddenly, listing things on Etsy is such a chore. I can't remember to relist expired items.
I thought I would be all over crafting things for the baby. Instead, I am all over the house, napping. Or eating. If I could do both things at once, I would. None of my pants fit any more, by the way. (And I'm only 11 weeks along! This bodes well.)
I hate to admit it, but it's like most of my creative energy has been absorbed by the baby. I'm creating something really big and complicated, and suddenly my brain doesn't have the extra space to dream up new creatures and designs.
I feel a nap coming on, so I need to tie this up. I can't think of a conclusion. Um...things are good, but different, and that is a little nerve wracking. Profound!

5 comments:

The Oxford Family said...

Just relax and take it easy! I think the first 15ish weeks of pregnancy are by far the most draining! You'll feel normal, or close to it soon!

harmonybatham said...

I'm sure everyone is telling you this but-it gets better! the first trimester is super sleepy the second you feel as close to normal as a pregnant lady can and the third...well you feel huge! lol but really-enjoy it! just think about how you will only be pregnant with this particular little person one time:)

Tigz said...

Oooh congratulations lovely! I didn't know you were pregnant. How far along are you?

Maybe now could be a time to relax and enjoy some you time? The creativity will come back naturally I'm sure :) X

Miranda said...

Grats!! :D I agree with everyone else though. Relax and take it easy! :)

Absolutely Small said...

Thank you for the kind comments, everyone! Taking it easy is so hard, isn't it? :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Let Feedburner tell you when Absolutely Small updates