Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Chickenpants in Wonderland

I was invited to participate in the Go Ask Alice plush art show in Santa Barbara. I had really grand plans of making a whole cast of characters...but, um, life kind of got in the way.
Anyway, here's what I did make.
Of course, I had to make an Alice:


All that time spent making Blythe clothes has not been a waste! Turns out, it's very useful to know how to make tiny dresses after all.
In the Disney version, the Queen of Hearts always freaked me out. She was so angry! I was inspired by the John Tenniel illustrations of the Queen for my version.


I was a little nervous to make a Mad Hatter, namely because of the hat. How does one make a plush hat?

I'm glad I did it anyway, though. Turns out it is really not that difficult. Yay! Perhaps I'll be making more Chickenpants hats in the future...
(and yes, that is a Re-Ment cup in his hand. Turns out collecting Re-Ment is useful, too.)

So, that's that. If you're in the area, please stop by! I hear they're having a tea party to celebrate the show opening. It's on December 5th, and you can find all the details on their site.



*also: psst! i'm picking the winner for the chickenpants baby contest this evening! i think there's still room for a few more comments...*

4 comments:

Steph said...

these are sooooo cute!!!!
Found you in an Etsy thread:)
http://www.sassybellesspotlight.blogspot.com

Kitty Vane said...

Awesome! So, so awesome!
I'm at a loss for words as to how to describe how awesome these are!

I love Alice's stripy socks and the Queen's playing card hat and the Mad Hatters hat-hat and wow, just everything!

owlsomegifts said...

these are all so adorable!

Fern said...

LOL! SO cute! I love your profile sentence. I'm easily side-tracked too - I think it's a good quality :) LOL!
31everything.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Let Feedburner tell you when Absolutely Small updates