Friday, October 9, 2009

Inspiration Friday

Here are some of the lovely things I've seen this week:

Purl Bee shared this pattern for how to make a tie. It never occurred to me that I could make one of these before, but I'd love to try it!

Here's a great clip that was found by the ever amazing Pollyanna Cowgirl. It's Lewis C.K. on Conan. "Everything's amazing, nobody's happy."
Funny how these sorts of things pop up when you most need a reality check. (Chello, Jonathan Adler Barbie couch I absolutely had to have?) (Did I just type Chello?)(Yeah...I really did have to have this.)

I just finished reading The Lost City of Z by David Grann. It's nonfiction about an explorer who disappeared searching for El Dorado. Fascinating stuff, and full of descriptions of the horrors of traveling in the Amazon. Yikes. Remind me never to go there! Still, fascinating stuff.

My Paper Crane posted a tutorial on how to make surprise balls. I became completely obsessed with these for a while after I found I could no longer buy them in my favorite junk shops.
(photo (c) heidi kinney, of course!)

What fun stuff have you found this week? Hungry minds & eyes want to know!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Let Feedburner tell you when Absolutely Small updates