Monday, May 19, 2008

The Daily Photo Project...DONE!

I can't believe it...I stuck with something difficult for a whole year!
Sure, I didn't do it perfectly. Out of the 365 photos I should have taken, I took 267. Whoops. And apropos of the whole year of photos, I'm posting this recap a bit late.
I can't believe just how challenging this project was. It was kind of a burden, honestly. I think because I was already engaged in so many other creative outlets- this was kind of like the straw that weighed the camel down, if not broke her back.
Anyway- here's the last photo: 5/8/08:
(it's so grubby looking because it's a photo of the aftermath of a small kitchen fire)

Daily Photo 05.08.08 - THE END!!!
Originally uploaded by absolutely small


And the very first daily photo: 5/08/07:

Tall wedges- 1st Daily Photo- 5.08.07
Originally uploaded by absolutely small


On the other hand, I still think it's a great idea to take a photo a day. It's kind of neat to be able to actually look back at your year, day by day.
Although I won't be doing this again, and I'm relieved that it's over, I'm discovering a kind of hole in my day. Every so often I think, aha! Here's my daily photo for the day! And then I remember: this project is over. And the photo does not get taken, and doesn't get posted... So I miss my little excuse to post random things to the internet. Oh well, there's still Twitter.
If you haven't personally tried something like this, I actually do recommend it. For awhile I was tinkering with the idea of doing a post it note a day, or a drawing a day, a painting a day... I'm sure you could come up with some fun variations on your own! The point is just to creatively challenge yourself- that's always rewarding. So start something big today...you never know where it might lead!
If you are so inclined, you can check out the whole batch here.

3 comments:

Brandy said...

I wish my kitchen were that clean!

Congrats on completing your photo-a-day project.

Unknown said...

Congratulations on making it all the way through! I decided about three years ago that I would start a project where I traded for art and weird stuff for a year....and somehow it's still going. Maybe I should find inspiration in your ability to end it!

Love your pictures!

Unknown said...

Hey nice color combination cream with green and also got thick heels and If you’re going to a party, a wedding or simply going to work you need to find the court shoes. Ladies Shoes, Ladies Canvas Boots, Womens Sandals, Patent Shoes , Peep Toe Shoes, High Heel Cheap Shoes Online is the latest selection of Garageshoes, with added glamour & sparkle to accompany your evening dress. Medium heel shoes are also available online & are often more practical for day-to-day usage around the office.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Let Feedburner tell you when Absolutely Small updates