Thursday, July 26, 2007

First Plush Team Group Project- Self Portrait


Another shot of the Plush Team group project
Originally uploaded by chicken widget.

Here's my effort for the very first Etsy Plush Team group project. This was something new for me- a self portrait in plush! I've done them before, in paint, pencil, photographs...but never fabric.
I'm pleased with the result, but also a little embarrassed...it feels like I'm exposed!

Plush Team group project: Self Portrait - back detail
Originally uploaded by chicken widget.

This seems a lot more personal than any other self portrait I've ever done. Perhaps because it's not literal, but instead just random bits of the inside of my head. As a result, I've totally neglected putting any explanation into this. And I think it's going to stay that way. So, here it is.
Plush Team group project: Self Portrait- head detail #2
Originally uploaded by chicken widget.

You can click on the photos above to see more, or visit it in the shop.
Oh yes, that was part of the assignment: list it in your shop. I think that has been the hardest part of this project: listing myself for sale. Eeep! I don't like the though of anyone owning something so personal to me...but on the other hand, if no one buys me, that's a little sad, too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Let Feedburner tell you when Absolutely Small updates