I’ve been tagged by June, so now it’s my turn. My first reaction was “Only six?” But it turns out I’m really not that weird.
RULES: People who get tagged need to write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names.
So, here are my six of my wierd things:
1. I am almost a superhero in that I have electrical powers. I can shock people (and plants, and mailboxes, etc.) very, very easily. This happened to me all the time, and so I’ve picked up the habit of not closing car doors with my hands-I kick them with my shoes. I also don’t open doors for myself if anyone else is nearby. I can also get shocked from touching things that should not conduct electricity- plants, wood, leather. And wearing leather gloves does not help the problem- shocks come right through. Now, if only I could harness this power…
2. I’m not often in harm’s way, but I have an extraordinary ability to accrue cuts and bruises all over my extremities. Just from random things. I also walk into things a lot.
3. I really enjoy reading biographies of crazy people. The more peculiar, the better.
4. I have a thing for old homes and abandoned buildings. Nothing is more exciting than exploring crumbling architecture. I like the old house smell (mold and cold and a dash of ‘what is that?’). I don’t have a reason for this.
5. Meat freaks me out. I can’t stand the texture, and the taste doesn’t do anything for me either. So I’ve been vegetarian basically since I knew this was an option. However, whenever the opportunity pops up, I’ll try weird meats. It generally repulses me, but I can’t help it. The only meats which don’t freak me out are bacon and tuna (from cans)- they’re also the only ones which I like the taste of. When you think about it, these should freak out everyone- meat in a can can’t be good, and it doesn’t taste like fish…and bacon- it’s meat and sugar in one- that shouldn’t work! Oh, but it does…
6. I need sun. No, really- I need sun. I think I’m part plant. When the sun is out, everything’s good- tons of energy, I’m happy, life works. When the sun is gone, I get really, really depressed (worse than usual- the pills stop working), I have no energy, I pick fights and generally just want to die. Also, I get very dizzy and very tired when the weather changes. Even just slight changes can bring this on, but it’s worst when the seasons change.
Maybe I am that weird, after all. I pass the tag on to Kate, Amy, Another Amy, Mary, Alex (who complains about not having enough content, this will teach him), and Andrea. You can all throw things at me later.