Monday, March 5, 2007

New pets!


Our finches
Originally uploaded by chicken widget.


And you can bet they'll be showing up in paintings soon. They are Society Finches (seems like it should be capitalized, don't you think?) but I think I may call them my D.A.R. Finches because I watch too much Gilmore Girls for my own good and I'll do just about anything for a lame joke.
These birds are so sweet. The make the most charming little noises. I love watching them. I just can't get over how low maintenance they are. The only other pet we've had in a long time is a very, very high maintenance, in your face kind of dog. These birds are happy just to be. And to be fed & watered & cleaned up after. And the occasional treat. Oh yeah, and special small bird gravel.
Still no names for these wee ones, but I'm working on it.
Special thanks to Curt, who made it all possible! Many, many more photos can be found on my Flickr site.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Let Feedburner tell you when Absolutely Small updates